Before and After......

Author: Paul Arnott  Date Posted:20 June 2013 

This little Sherco motor is starting to look a little healthier. That smokers cough has almost disappeared and it seems to have a lot brighter disposition! The combustion chamber came up remarkably well. The dirt flaked off reasonably easily, and some scotch-brite and WD-40 put the sheen back into the dome. New seals, bearings, and assorted rings, pins, clips etc -  chemically cleaned, plenty of elbow grease and it's starting to look like an engine again. [caption id="attachment_1110" align="alignleft" width="269"]That's quite a hone this cylinder has been given. That's quite a hone this cylinder has been given.[/caption]   image-4image-3 [caption id="attachment_1133" align="alignleft" width="248"]Yes there is a crankseal under that goop. Yes there is a crankseal under that goop.[/caption] [caption id="attachment_1132" align="alignleft" width="269"]This is starting to look expensive This is starting to look expensive[/caption] image-2 [caption id="attachment_1109" align="alignleft" width="276"]it was still working when we pulled it down! There was mud jammed around the spark plug electrode. it was still working when we pulled it down! There was mud jammed around the spark plug electrode.[/caption] [caption id="attachment_1145" align="alignright" width="276"]image Once the "pottery" was removed it cleaned up quite well.[/caption]